Saturday, July 04, 2009

The week that was... er, is!

Man, what a hectic week.
If I had any inkling of having to repay an entire laid-back month,
with interest in a week... I wouldn't have opted for an easy going
month! Believe me you!!

The week was a little short of four weddings, what with such
elaborate functions held and making it mandatory for the close
relatives to attend :-( I absolutely detest elaborate but brain
-numbing rituals of which no one can make head or tail out of.
Its just plain waste of time.

Well, getting back on track.. the week saw me commuting to Mumbai
on two consecutive days for stuff I had parceled from Germany. The
drive on the second day on the express-way was awesome. Just loved
it. But hated the (again, mind-numbing) procedures that we had to go
through to lay our hands on our own stuff. Me and my friend went
with the minimal expectation (of a simpleton you would say) of having
to sign on a document on receipt of our luggage, like we do in the case
of a courier. But that was the biggest balloon to have burst on my face :)
Not only did we have to travel to Mumbai for two days in a week but also
had to go through the entire process of customs and excise complete
with pestering agents, not-so-friendly govt officials, dirty and dingy
offices and at the end opened bags! Yep, the locks on our bags were broken
when they were delivered. Luckily since we hadn't moved any expensive
stuff we didn't lose anything. But it was a lesson learnt and if you haven't
learnt it yet, you aren't smart enough.
So next time you want to move your stuff from abroad - DON'T!!

But the drive compensated for it to some extent. It was just beautiful
to drive in the rains next to mountains kissing the clouds and making
it so romantic. :-)

End of a hectic week? You would think! Still have some other chores
to attend to... but am looking forward to it. Well, I have my reasons :-)


No comments: