Monday, June 06, 2005

Sickness and strength

Still recovering from last week's terrible sickness. I hope I recover completely before
I leave for Calicut this Friday. Heard from a friend of mine that the 6-day in-campus
module is very hectic and professors even finish teaching couple of subjects in that
duration. So I better get back all my energy to grasp all those fundas.
I will be gone for a week sandwiched between two weekends, albeit, effectively I will
get only 3 days to enjoy and soak into the beauty of God's Own country ! Hope to click a lot
of pictures though.
Finally IIM Calicut has agreed to give us accomodation in their hostel for 8 days and so
my commutation worries to and from the hotel (if i had to take one) to the campus have
been laid to rest. Thankfully (sigh). The campus is around 25 km from the main city of
Calicut, on a hilltop, and so you can guess the kind of transport I should've expected in
God's country. I am saved from that now. LOL. Take the campus tour.
Read an article about the Operation BlueStar that happened in 1984 between
June 4th to 6th. It's a very sensitive and controversial topic. Everyone has their own
views of looking at it. Most Sikhs even today believe what happened was wrong and
harbor grudges. Quite a few on the other hand think it was a very efficient way of
rooting out the Khalistan movement. Well, I think ,most times, that militancy cannot
be dealt with with an olive twig. They need a tough retort. They need an answer back in
a language they understand. If that means someone has to take a tough stand,
someone has to take the risk of being disliked, then so be it. Does a mother not chide her
loved child for his/her betterment? I understand completely that being the head-of-state
of nation 1-billion strong is a different ballgames altogether. Absolutely. Nobody would
want to lose that kind of power. But not at the cost of the nation. No way. Come what may.
Power, however, sure seems to corrupt even the strong-minded :(

No comments: