Friday, June 03, 2005

Dichotomy

"Head over heart"... "Mind over matter" .... why does man always live with this dichotomy ?
Would it not be simpler to live with just one organ having control over the entire being ?
It would save a lot of us a lot of trouble, wouldn't it ? Tell me, when we already have an
organ called the brain, which supposedly controls our every action, every thought and
every move, why do we still need the heart to pitch in ? (I am sure there is a bunch of people
saying vice-versa!) Are things already not complicated enough ?
Do we need to complicate further ?
Hmm...well, my sickness in the past couple days has had me all muddled up. It brought
out, though not quite conspicuously which is again-I suspect-coz I suppressed my heart,
the need for a partner in life. The need to share. What makes this need even more amusing
is that we want the sharing to be exclusive. We want to share our deepest feelings and
strangest thoughts with just one person. We just want one person to hold on to. Then why
does everyone vouch for friendship? Again the dichotomy !!
So are we in a constant battle with ourselves ? Or do we just decide at the spur of the
moment which face of the coin we should be? If that's the case, then it again defeats the
purpose of having an entire organ devoted for the process of having a clear rational
thought process. Is this whole thing not strange ? Or is it me ?

No comments: