Monday, March 31, 2008

A happening weekend.. :-)

Yea, I have been away.. but all for good reason.
Currently cooling my heals at my home town of Pune. Social
obligations are a necessary evil. This time it brought into focus
the networking skills of the previous generation. Functions like
weddings, naming ceremonies, engagements, even death - used to
be their only source of connection with new people. And I will not
hesitate to say that the previous generation was not shy to
make new contacts. The best part of it I think was that though
they wanted to grow their network primarily to get an advantage -
either social image upgradation or financial discounts or plain
physical help - they maintained it with more affection and care
than the current generation does. Anyhow.

So yeah, I had a happening weekend. For heaven's sake - I
woke up at 4am in the morning to travel 3 hours to a wedding
which wasn't even mine :-P The wedding was at Mumbai and in
March end - so you can imagine the heat and humidity. Thankfully
the wedding hall was air conditioned, so that was a HUGE relief.
Then met a dear ol' friend of mine. I surprised myself when i met
him. I never expected myself to choke up on emotions after meeting
someone after such a long gap. It was amazing and just goes to
tell me how much deeper still waters run.

Then happened the happening part. Met another friend of mine
and we went out partying. Enigma at JW Mariott in Juhu was hell
crowded for a saturday night! :-( Gosh - Mumbai has too many HNI's.
Get more discs/pubs Mumbai - or get a bigger place :-)
Well that wasn't happening. What was that we saw Raghuram, the now
executive producer of MTV Roadies fame along with Bani (last year's
runner up and now VJ) and Anmol (this year's contestant who was voted
out in the knock out episodes). So we went and said "hi hello" and told
Raghu how much we like Roadies. Towards the end of the evening
Raghu and I shook a leg and this event came close to being the highlight
of my trip. Was a good feeling partying till 3/4 am in the morning which
mere mortals in Bangalore can never get to do - thanks to the administration
which believes going back home early will prevent crime (as if the daylight
dacoities and murders aren't enough proof against it).
Sunday till afternoon was normal with me getting the real feel of Mumbai
after I took a local train till Dadar. Till the time I stepped my foot on the
platform I wasn't sure I was gonna be able to alight on time.
Well the rest of Sunday was alright - had to deck up and sit pretty for
most part of the evening. Unfortunately the cool dude at the wedding reception
made an early exit, so was a bummer. But nevertheless :-)

So how was your weekend? :-)

No comments: