Sunday, February 10, 2008

"HE" had plans

An unplanned weekend it was... rather there weren't any plans
made for this weekend. So it was going on a casual note when
suddenly God revealed his first plan.. of sending me to this awesome
all night music concert in town, the Gururao Deshpande Sangeet
Sabha. With stalwarts like Ashwini-Bhide-Deshpande and Pandit
Hariprasad Chaurasia playing it was an offer I couldn't resist.
And the weather was amazing.. it was just right to be out whole
night... with a light drizzle in between, calm, quiet and cool...
It was well worth the price I payed - dear dear sleep. :-)
Pity I couldn't hang around till the last performance. But it wasn't
bad coming home at 5am and driving on empty Bangalore roads..
a sight you can rarely even imagine.. and need I mention the drive
was abuse-free.. lol.

Sunday was moving smoothly with old Hindi classics (and man was
that music or what!) till I got an invite for dinner. Met up an old friend,
literally and figuratively :-P ... and like I mentioned in one of my earlier
posts, it feels amazingly good to reconnect at the same level as earlier
despite time. Nothing like a heart to heart chat over piping hot coffee.
So a weekend well spent.

So how you been and how was your weekend? :-)

No comments: