Thursday, February 07, 2008

Road Less Travelled

Aankhon mein kitane mausam... pal me beete kitane saal...
[Eyes... the window to my soul.. reflect the seasons I behold..
snow, sun, wind and rain.. a hundred seasons in a glance told]

Feels somewhat like that doesn't it.. on your birthday. Well, not
exactly :-P Most times I do not even remember what I did last bday!
People put you on a pedestal on that day and the very next day you
have to bite the dust. How sad. It is like the numerous "This Day, That Day"
celebrations. Worship on one day and abuse the next.
Well.. my bday's haven't been like that anytime. Touchwood :-)
But its sad to let go of all the affection showered on you one day of the year.

So I have digressed from the topic. Anyway. What I was trying to say was..
Do you look back on your bday (or New Year for some) and track the progress
you have made and make plans of where you want to be the next bday?
How does it feel if you have missed a few milestones on the way? Course
corrections are an imperative for some, yes :-) But do you then sit and sulk
on that day thinking of where you could have been rather than enjoying where
you are?

I have realised by now (yes, late by other people's standards and early by some
others, but whatever) ... that I am not a goals person. Well.. Yes and No.
I am a short term goals person... and they are not earth shattering goals...
small, tiny, insignificant types. However the big thing is that I have learnt
I enjoy the excitement in taking chances, meeting strangers on the way,
reaching a place I hadn't planned to go to. Well sometimes it hurts, ofcourse,
but atleast I am having fun for most parts. So thats a risk I face anyday.
And I think that risk is something everybody takes in everything they do,
don't they? So what would you rather choose.... a straight laid path that
takes you exactly where you want to go with planned trouble and fun...
or a path that is wayward by nature and opens the doors of the most
exciting places you could ever be?

1 comment:

FIDODIDO said...

That so sounds like "Living on the Edge" thoery :P