Sunday, May 22, 2005

I knew the moment had arrived...

Hurray ! I got selected for IIM Kozhikode's (Calicut) Interactive Distance Learning
program. It's a one year programme with a 5-day residential component in the IIM
Campus and another of regular classrooms. The classrooms are not regular though;
they are hi-tech places with satellite connectivity to the IIMK campus from where the
professors will deliver lectures twice every week. So lectures are delivered fresh and
crisp from IIMK to 35 classrooms across India. This is amazingly convenient for
working executives who get to do the course without having to quit jobs or take
sabbaticals and stuff.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calicut was established in 1996. Its's the 5th
IIM to be established by the Government of India in collaboration with the State Govt.
of Kerala. Though, so far, not as hyped and reputed as its other counterparts viz the IIMs
at Ahmedabad,Bangalore, Kolkatta and Lucknow, IIMK is striving to be there soon. This,
for me, ensures that they will maintain quality in everything that they do ! Ofcourse
you cannot expect anything but the best at an (and any) IIM, but still IIM A is IIMA. :o)
Given this background, I am still weighing my options of doing this against the
regular mba that I am aiming at next year. Will have to decide sooner than I want to,
as the deadline for the first installment is next Monday. So I better hurry! with my
otherwise slow decision making process !

No comments: