Monday, July 11, 2016

Blast from the past


Came across this note I wrote in my long forgotten iPod while 
trying to minimize the technological noise in my life.

I wrote this when I was down and low couple of years back.. and I 
thought THAT was rock bottom. It was nothing compared to the 
pain and chaos that 2015 brought with it. Had I known then what i 
know now... I wouldn't have kid myself with this note :)
So here goes...

'
Rock Bottom

You think you would know when you hit rock bottom. There would be a thump when you land and that would be your clue! But you know what, nothing in life is as obvious or simple as it looks or you would like it to be. Wake up!
So, when you hit rock nottom, you dont realise it asap... Cos you land there like a feather... Giding down from one setback to another ... Should we be thankful for that? I dont know... yet. So it slowly sinks in - much like you slowly sink to the bottom - that you have hit nadir. How one reacts, on realization, depends on one;s character I reckon. Denial, struggle, fight, reflection, meditation - various ways to deal with it. Its only when acceptance sets in that you become free to fly again. Then you stop looking at the rock and start looking up.
Sometimes you see the sun shining right at you... Quite often you see gray skies and it takes effort to see the silver lining.
At the end though, hope (almost always) wins... Cos thats what makes the world go round.

Then starts the tough climb up... Its trying... With all the pain, hurt, yearning, pining (cursing?!) and waiting... Its hopeless at times... But one doesn't give up trying...

'

No comments: