Sunday, January 27, 2008

Multiverse, Free Will and Compatibilism

I had never understood "The Matrix".. until lately.
Of course I wouldn't say I did it all by myself... I had help..
and you know what I mean. ;) But anyway the important thing
is that I now kinda understand it. So here's what I think... but wait..
don't right away tell me I am right or wrong. I am still
formulating my own universal theory.. so.. :-)

Well.. I now kinda believe that multiverses do exist.
And for the uninitiated I also believe in free well and compatibilism.
You see, it is through the theory of multiverses that
both the other theories can exist - to you, the non believer.
For the believer I don't think it needs any explanation :-)

I believe every creature on this planet can exercise free will.
It is like a matrix where at every juncture there are multiple
choices YOU can make which will determine your future path.
Right... so in YOUR current universe you are living your choices.
And at the same time in the other multiverses YOU make choices
different from the one you made today. So at any given point of time
all the options, or choices if you like, are exercised and YOU are
part of every one of them. So, though YOUR destiny is decided for
(in advance as some believe) in this universe YOU are part of all the
possible course YOUR life could take if only YOU had chosen option
'B' instead of 'A'. That is why free will exists and so does destiny.

And that's how its done... :-)

No comments: