Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Cheetah Vs THE Elephant

Was it unsettling for you as well to watch the defending champion
puff and pant on grass today? If yes, why? If no, Why NOT? :-P

Well don't you think that I do not like the Cheetah. Ofcourse I love him
and like his game. It is stupendous feat he has managed to pull off!
I mean God... what IS HE on court?! He watches like an eagle, runs like
a cheetah, pounces like a tiger and basks every minute in the glory
of his victory... like the King of the jungle.
On the contrary THE Elephant is calm, composed, dignfied in his demeanour,
extremely intelligent and very very graceful! He is a legend already and an
inspiration to many including the Cheetah.
This is a classic struggle between power and intelligence. I am not
saying that the Cheetah is not smart enough. Oh he is very! How else
could one outsmart THE smartest elephant on court?!
So both are great players no doubt and I love them both equally.
Ok done with the disclaimer. :-)

Getting back to why I am writing this post. Well like I said earlier both
players are more than a match for each other. No matter how much I
would want to see a rookie claim the title I still want THE elephant to stay
the King of Grass. I think it is inherent human tendency to dislike change
... of any form. We want the same person to keep winning. We dislike
the person who challenges established notions. I think this stems from
our dislike for rethinking about our beliefs. When something is established
we take it as a given,develop fondness and a loyalty towards it and it
becomes a habit.And we know habits die hard. So when someone makes
us rethink about our notions, beliefs and habits we become uncomfortable.
And if can generalise this applies to most aspects of life! How sad!!

We ought to change this attitude and embrace change. I think this is no
time for gyan though cos the match is at a nail-biting finish and I don't wanna miss
any bit of it. So long...

No comments: