Thursday, December 18, 2008

The world is catching up

Dont you sometimes wonder about this ever-changing world - and that it would
be difficult for oldies to match pace with it?


Well, I think so at times. Even at my age (which is not too much btw), I sometimes
find it difficult to relate to kids have boy/girlfriends in class 3
or class 5 (whats with
that!!??).. or to see hardly year old babies press the
right buttons on the laptops.
The younger generations are moving way too fast.
It must be really harder on
generations previous to mine to catch up with
this speed.

But not so apparently. Well my mom shocked me during my vacation by asking me
to bring me a man home instead of a woman! lol
Well, its not catching up in the true
sense - but she at her age understanding
the pace at which we are running and that
we are susceptible to adapt to
the changing tunes is amazing. It still is pretty much
taboo in India to talk about
same-sex relationships and topics are not broached
normally in the living
room with the entire clan present.

But I guess she has no choice than to move with the times and atleast acknowledge
the changes if not accept them. I think I would had a mild
cardiac arrest had she said
she wouldn't mind my partner being a female
as long as she was human... lol

So long...

No comments: