Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Is it Diwali??

Really?!Well, its not so obvious here..
No markets overflowing with people, no jostling for a parking
spot, no new clothes, no decorations, no diyas, no ear-shattering
fire-crackers.

For the first time in so many years (refraining from mentioning
my age, I guess you figured ;)
) I am not home for Diwali.
For the first time in so many years - none of us siblings are at
home for Diwali. Its a first for my parents too and they are not liking it.
Anyhow.

So its a boring time in Munich currently. Weather is dull and bad with
chances of snow soon, gets dark at 5 in the evening likes it 8.. So not a
good time to be here... and the best part is - the worst is yet to come ! :-)

Colleagues are going to the ISKCON temple in town to offer their prayers
on this day - but I am sure their hidden agenda is to hog the free food :-P
Anyhow.

Have a happy and safe Diwali and a prosperous and healthy year ahead!

No comments: