Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Satisfying days..

I am sure you have had days/months/years where you
would be so overworked that you would just crash into
bed once you reach home from work - if you reach that is!
Well, I am currently in that phase and believe you me...
it is satisfying.. to have made the best possible use of your
day. Its a feeling the lazy amongst us won't understand.

Before I joined this project, I thought I was good at time
management. But there's always room for improvement.
And here I am... a new, improved and better utilised me!
Ofcourse I do miss my wild party days.. been ages since I
went to a party.. but I am liking this as well. I think I will
enjoy a party more when I go to one now. ;-)

Some time management tips I re-learnt in the past 2 weeks :
1. When dealing with a chatty person - announce the time you
want to spend with them as soon as the talk begins.
2. KISS - ;-) Keep it short silly! Write crisp mails and follow
up with a phone call if required. This saves time required to
reply to elaborate mails.
3. Prioritise and Categorise
4. ALWAYS do the four quadrant check on a task.
5. Delegate with authority. (I learnt this from one of my previous managers).

I think this is enough gyan for now.. Have a good time ;)

Tschuss!

No comments: